Regions & Countries



2018 SCC OnLine Megh 274

Year Decided



India    Meghalaya HC    


It was held that "a person residing in the State of Meghalaya permanently or atleast for the last five years has got every right to apply for the domicile certificate and his domicile certificate to be issued" "A person residing permanently in the State of Meghalaya for the last 12(twelve) years and when he has an intention to reside here permanently, he should be granted PRC without any further question. However, if any doubt arises, the Deputy Commissioner may ask for a Police verification to determine how long he has been staying in this State and PRC cannot be issued only for education purpose but it should be applicable for all purposes"

Supporting institutions